Paragon 31 Flybridge 2010 ‘SOLD’
- Posted: May 26, 2022
- Year of Build: 2010
- Lying: Isle Of Wight
- Price: SOLD
Owners comments :-
DRAGONFLY OF BEMBRIDGE
“Probably the best equipped Paragon 31 in the UK”
“Dragonfly of Bembridge” is a standard Paragon 31 Flybridge model built in 2010, the actual vessel which was tested by Motorboat & Yachting; Motorboat Monthly; and Powerboat & RIB magazines. This vessel was voted Boat-of-the Year in 2010 for its dynamics, innovations and build quality. It has been in one ownership having been acquired from the importers, Offshore Powerboats of Lymington, as an upgrade from the owner’s Paragon 25.
It has been thoughtfully modified and improved over the last decade for local trips and longer-distance cruising – destinations including the Western Isles in June 2013 which became the subject of a 5-page article in Motorboat & Yachting magazine. Since then, annual cruising to North & South Brittany, Ireland, Normandy, up the R. Seine to Paris, the East Coast, and the West Country have overlaid regular seasonal use in the Solent and Channel.
Dragonfly is stored ashore from October/November to Easter every year, and has been maintained in a fastidious manner by qualified, factory-trained marine and electrical engineers in Cowes. The owner writes:-
“Paragon 31s were fundamentally designed as the fast Scandinavian offshore rescue vessel, with a sea-worthy hull capable of maintaining high speeds in rough conditions – where crew and equipment are well-protected. Classed alongside the classic Nelson hull, the Paragon 31 has equal capabilities in marginal sea conditions but with the added benefit of greater speed and stability.”
ENGINEERING & PROPULSION:
Engine: Volvo Penta D6 370bhp with all latest factory upgrades and software patches.
Stern-drives: DPH Duo-Prop with standard hydraulic trim for DPH leg – and separate Bennetts’ hydraulic trims tabs. New leg in 2017 [due to fishing line cutting rubber seals].
Propellors: standard bronze-alloy twin counter-rotating propellors plus spare set in bespoke box in bows
Transmission: cone-clutch gearbox – F/N/R with duplicate on flybridge
Steering: hydraulic – with stainless steel/leather wheel in pilothouse and on flybridge.
Fuel-polishing: standard V-P filters plus twin switchable Racal high-capacity filters with glass bowls.
System: 12V and 220V with 5 x 13A sockets [engine room; aft cabin; navigation table; galley and forward cabin] and 4 x cigar lighter 12V power points
Shore-power: socket on transom plus with 12m cable;
Inverter: Victron MultiPlus enabling 13A circuits to be employed in dock or with engine running
Lighting: all internal and external LED.
Additional lighting includes 2 x LED radar arch-mounted spot lights; 2 x LED deck down-lighters; pilot-house skirting low lighting; navigation station/helm – additional red night lighting with flexible spot light over chart table. For’ad starboard bunk flexible reading light.
Hot water: standard calorifier from engine matrix, plus additional electrical immersion heater to H/W tank.
Engine room lighting.
Raymarine e-series 12” chart plotter at helm
Raymarine e-series 9” above helm
Raymarine 12” repeater on fly-bridge
Raymarine HS colour 18” radome on arch
ADDITIONAL FEATURES BEYOND STANDARD SEPC:
Chart table: bespoke demountable teak chart-table and drinks tray. [See illustration below].
Anchor stowage: additional reinforced mounts and restraints to 10Kg Bruce anchor
Pulpit [bows]: additional s/s cable tie across bow roller [released by simple catch]
Additional high-volume bilge-pump system for aft cabin and engine-room: new float sensors x 2; new bilge-alarms x 2; new over-ride switches x 2.
Electric anchor windlass for chain or rope
30M leaded anchor rope
10Kg stainless steel Bruce-type anchor
Boat hook and holder
All key stainless steel rails are roped with marine twine [for safety and better grip] and have Turks’ Heads.
Flybridge tonneau cover: bespoke canvas items and strops.
Dodgers: bespoke canvas dodgers for port and seaboard; across transom seat over lazaretto [padded for back rest comfort]; and stern gates to swim platform.
Flybridge seat covers and restraining chords
Flybridge: mug holders x 3 and additional helm teak mug holder.
Radar arch holds: 2 x LED spot lights. 2 x LED deck downlighter. 2 x airhorns [with own canvas cover]; Raymarine HD Colour digital radar. Plus adapted cross trees to carry 6 x additional signal flags/burgees – each with separate cleat on flybridge decking. Extended burgee staff above white navigation light
Stern lazaretto seat contains engine air intake and filter: plus 2 x gas bottles; swim platform shower hose.
Starboard lazaretto holds teak table and legs; carbon water filter; and hydraulic reservoirs for trim and steering.
Propellors: bespoke box in bows to carry spare pair of DPH propellors.
Flybridge screen: s/s padded reinforcement to tinted polycarbonate screen.
Fender baskets: 2 x pair s/s baskets – on stern rail and bow pulpit.
Hull: the hull was Gel-shielded in 2016.
Outboard bracket: demountable in teak and s/s.
Bunks: Stern and For’ard cabins bunks with marine mattress-toppers
Warps: full set of soft-feel mooring warps plus bespoke heavy-duty towing harness and yoke [for being towed or towing].
iCOM DSC set with Command Mike/helm
iCOM DSC set with Command Mike/flybridge
Pioneer VHF/DAB radio, CD player – wired to 4 x internal speakers; and 2 x external speakers [flybridge]
Specification and Features▶ Make Enquiry
- Chart table: bespoke demountable teak chart table and drinks tray.
- Anchor stowage: additional reinforced mounts and restraints to 10kg Bruce anchor.
- Pulpit: additional s/s cable tie across bow roller.
- Additional high-volume bilge pump system for aft cabin and engine room: new float sensors x 2, new bilge alarms x 2, new over ride switches x 2.
- Electric anchor windlass for chain or rope.
- 30m leaded anchor rope.
- 10Kg stainless steel Bruce-type anchor.
- Boat hook and holder.
- All key stainless-steel rails are roped with marine twine [for safety and better grip] and have Turks’ heads.
- Raymarine HD colour digital radar.
- Dodgers: bespoke canvas dodgers for port and seaboard; across transom seat over lazaretto [padded for back rest comfort]; and stern gates to swim platform.
- Flybridge seat covers and restraining chords.
- Flybridge: mug holders x 3 and addition helm teak mug holder.
- Radar arch holds: 2 x LED spot lights, 2 x LED deck downlighter, 2 x airhorns with own canvas cover.
- Adapted cross trees to carry 6 x additional signal flags/burgees – each with separate cleat on flybridge decking.
- Extended burgee staff above white navigation light.
- Stern lazarette seat contains engine air intake and filter, plus 2 x gas bottles and swim platform shower hose.
- Starboard lazarette holds teak table and legs, carbon water filter and hydraulic reservoirs for trim and steering.
- Propellers: bespoke box in bows to carry spare pair of DPH propellers.
- Flybridge screen: s/s padded reinforcement to tinted polycarbonate screen.
- Fender baskets: 2 x pair s/s baskets – on stern rail and bow cockpit.
- Hull: the hull was gel-shielded in 2016.
- Outboard bracket: demountable in teak and s/s.
- Bunks: stern and forward cabins bunk with marine mattress toppers.
- Warps: full set of soft feel mooring warps plus bespoke heavy-duty towing harness and yoke.
- Flybridge tonneau cover: bespoke canvas items and strops.
Disclaimer: The specifications are approximations and subject to variance. We reserve the right to make changes without future notice. Some equipment options may not be available.